A learned friend of mine, has sent the following comment through email. He has, through email sent, several pages of information on the fallacy of the Aryan Invasion Theory. Sifting and working through their logic requires several days. Copy-paste of the information here also, is not feasible because some of it may be subject to strict Copy Rights. I seem to have erred in using the word "invasion" while writing about the migration of Aryans to India. I intended to use the word "Migration". The above image shows the cover of a book written by Late Lokmanya Bala Gangadhar Tilak, one of the pioneers for Freedom Struggle in India. According to some people, Gandhiji took the reigns from Lok Manya Bala Gangadhara Tilak, after his passing away. Personally, I had an intuitive feeling (may be IRRATIONAL), that Anne Besant ought to have succeeded Tilak. Some people in Congress seem to have handed over the reigns to Gandhiji. Right now that succession issue is not relevant. What is important, is the Role of Lokmanya Tilak in our Freedom Movement. The six years spent by him in Mandalay Prison of Burma, and the Book of Gita Rahasya are worth studying.
Here are the links for those who wish to download the above book and Gita Rahasya of Tilak:
(Click to go to download Gita Rahasya)
Click to go to download the book: Arctic Home in the Vedas of Lokmanya Tilak. Djvu.txt is suitable for searching.
"...ఆర్యుల దండయాత్ర సిద్ధాంతం ఆధారంగా ఇప్పటివరకూ మీరు చేసిన పరికల్పనలన్నీ సమూలంగా సమీక్షించుకోడానికి, మార్చుకోడానికి చాలా అధ్యయనం అవసరం. దానికి అవసరమైన సమాచారాన్నంతా రెండు, మూడు రోజులుగా పంపిస్తూ వచ్చాను. ఈ సమాచారం సరిపోకపోతే ఇంకా పంపిస్తాను. దయచేసి దీన్నంతటినీ అధ్యయనం చేసి, ఆర్యుల దండయాత్రం అనే భావన ఒక మిథ్య అని గ్రహించగలరు. ..."
Approx. English gist of the above Telugu comment: "... Substantial studies is necessary to review, change, the creations made by you on the basis of the Theory of Aryan Invasion (of India). For that purpose, I have been sending (to you), for the last three days, all the required information. If this information is not sufficient, I shall send more. Kindly, study all of this, and realise that the idea of "Aryan Invasion" is a myth. ..."
REPLY जवाब జవాబు
Though I have myself done a petty Sanskrit-to-English verse-to-verse translation of Bhagavad Gita, wrote my own comments on it, and placed it on net, I wanted to make a comparative study of the Gitas of Tilak, Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan, Gita speeches of Vinoba, a brief Gita of Gandhi, I could not progress, owing to work load. I downloaded Gita Rahasya's (Secret of Bhagavadgita) Marathi to English Translation (original was in Marathi), but I found it to be beyond my intellectual level. I hope to do study it again some day.
ybrao-a-donkey's humble comments. वैबीराव एक गधे के विनम्र राय . వైబీరావ్ గాడిద వినమ్ర వాణి. You have every right to differ with me. I respect your right. आपको मेरे मत से भिन्न राय रखने के संपूर्ण हक है। मै उस अधिकार को परिपूर्ण रूप से गौरव देता हुँ. మీకు, మీ భిన్నమైన అభిప్రాయాన్ని కలిగిఉండే సంపూర్ణ హక్కు ఉంది. దానిని ఎంతో నేను గౌరవిస్తాను. However, pl. examine this donkey's views also. परन्तु एस गधे के दृष्टिकोण को भी अनुशीलन कीजिये. కానీ ఈ గాడిద దృష్టికోణాన్ని కూడ ఓర చూపుతో కంటజూడుమీ, క్రీగంట జూడమీ.
1. I have not so far studied the above book of Lokmanya Tilak "Arctic Home in the Vedas". I shall go through it.
2. I developed my ideas independently, though I heard about Tilak Maharaj's saying that Aryans came from Arctic.
3. My views on Aryan Migration from Latvia-Lithuania_Old Prussia-Sudovia to India through Branch 1: Bactria route , Branch 2: Iran route, are not based on what Lokmanya wrote above, or what the Western Historians wrote. They are based on my comparative-examination of the Latvian-Lithuanian-Old Prussian (not to be confused with Persia of Iran, or the Prussia of Germany) languages vis-a-vis the vocabulary and culture of Sanskrit. Some of the views which I have exchanged with our Latvian Reader who has helped me IMMENSELY can be seen at my blog (Click to go to my blog IndoEuropeanDictionaryyb.com) .
4. Some of our Hindutva fans seem to entertain a belief that everything the Europeans and Americans write about India History is fabricated. This may be because of "divide and rule" policy followed by the British Rulers. We have to keep in mind that every whiteman is not a colonialist or a slave trader. Hence, we find that there are many attempts on the Internet, to write glorifying histories of India. Even if we give thousand pieces of evdience, those who are adamently bent upon UNDULY GLORIFYING INDIA, will not admit that something which is different from their beliefs could be possible.
We can wake up a sleeping person. But, we cannot wake up a person who is pretending to sleep.
Example: Recently one fire accident took place in a Temple in Kerala, owing to the neglect of the Temple Authorities, and about 120 persons perished. But believers of God will say that it is the act/wrath of God/Goddess, like the Hyderabad Contractor who said that the collapse of Vivekananda flyover in Kolkata was an act of God. Believers of Gods/Goddesses can never accept that Gods and Goddesses are just creations of human imaginations. When we say that Gods/Goddesses cannot reward or punish humans, they will say that Goddess saved the injured persons by not taking away their life, and DIVINE GRACE benefited them by causing loss of only one limb or one fracture on spine. They will highlight the proverb of "Half glass full, half glass empty". Humans, especially we Indians, are experts in IRRATIONAL RATIONALISATIONS.
5. Today, Indian are a mixed hybrid race. We cannot distinguish people from their culture, color of the body, physical features, etc. as Aryans or Dravidians or Mongols or some other race. It is better we abandon that type of fissiparian approach.
6. At the same time, we cannot ignore that in spite of all the mingling that took place between the migrating Aryans and the native Indians, Native Indians suffered heavily, whatever be the reasons. All those sufferings should only help us to learn lessons from history, and integrate our selves into a stronger unbreakable Nation.
7. Whether we like it or not, there are some clear indications that Aryans were Europeans. But those indications, we have to accept dispassionately.
Question: What difference is there, whether you use the word "invade" or "migrate" for what Aryans have done?
Answer: Invasions may entail some blood-shed. Migrations will usually, initially, be peaceful. But as far as what Aryans have done India-- i.e. Creating some slave castes such as Sudras, Outcastes, and condemning them to hell, through Centuries, it can be done by them, irrespective of whether they are invaders or migrants. For example, those who migrated to United States from Europe, in the 17th Century, were they invaders or migrants? Though they were migrants, they have all the characteristics of invaders. Otherwise, they would not have been able to push the Red-Indians (American Indians) to the North-Western Extremes, bring in black slaves from Africa, and indulge in double exploitation.
To continue. सशेष. ఇంకా ఉంది.